|Home | Member Area | Products & Services | Help & Support | Contact Us|
|Help & Support > Mail > Outlook 2010|
1. Before attempting to configure your computer to collect email from our network, please make sure you have created a mailbox account from the 'Mailboxes' section of your control panel.
2. Once you have successfully created a mailbox, you need to launch Outlook, click on the 'File' tab at the top left of the screen, click on 'Account Settings' and then click on the' Account Settings' pop-up.
3. Then click on 'New...' from the next screen
4. Click Next (Email Account will be selected as the default)
5. Select 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' and click 'Next'
6. Click 'Next' again in the 'Choose service' screen (Internet Email will be selected as the default)
7. If you would like your name to appear with the email address when you send mail, add your name to the 'Your Name' field. It could be just your first name or your full name, for which the convention is first.second (a full stop between the names).
Account Type: POP3
On the right of the screen, by default, 'Deliver newmessages to' will create a new Outlook Data File. If you wish to use one that is already set up, select 'Existing Outlook Data File' and browse for the file. By default it will be named 'Outlook.pst'
8. Click the 'More Settings' button.
9. If you wish, you can change the name that will appear on your Outlook account list.
10. Click the 'Outgoing Server' tab and select 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'. Ensure 'Use same settings as incoming server' is selected, then click the 'Advanced' tab.
11. Leave the Incoming server (POP3) setting as 110
Click OK and Outlook will test the connections to the mailbox for send and receive.
If you wish you can click on 'Test account settings ...' after clicking OK. This will send out a test message and receive a test message.
8. Click on 'Next', then 'Finish' to complete the wizard.
Copyright © 2003
| Member Area
| Products & Services
| Help & Support
| Contact Us